Volunteer Operations Coordinator
|Location:||Multiple Cities, Multiple States|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Part Time|
|Department:||Crew & Volunteer Operations|
|Description:||The ideal candidate is an energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. Solid business acumen, a strong results orientation and strong presentation skills are a must, as is an ability to work enthusiastically in a constantly changing environment. The successful candidate possesses the capacity to think strategically coupled with the abilities to excel operationally. The willingness to raise questions, the ability to provide solutions, an understanding of real teamwork, the thoughtfulness to reconsider positions, the confidence to advance new ones, the maturity to do all of the preceding with poise, and a real and sincere sense of humor are required. This is a values-centered company and we expect our entire team to support and project our values in every.|
As a temporary, part-time Volunteer Operations Coordinator, your job responsibilities fall under two main categories: volunteer coordination and customer service. Through inbound and outbound phone work and email communication, you will be supporting Susan G. Komen 3-Day™ registered participants. With a focus on the multi-tiered volunteer program for the 3-Day, you will recruit and support all members of the crew, volunteer and Youth Corps programs leading up to the events. The ideal candidate has an ability to connect and motivate participants over the phone and through email and can sell the magic of the 3-Day regardless of whether they have participated before. You will report directly to the Volunteer Production Manager and will work closely with the on event Crew and Volunteer Coach.
Success in this position will be measured using the following criteria:
This is a home-office based position, strategically located around the United States to meet the needs of the company. This position supports part of Susan G. Komen 3-Day™ series.
- Evaluation of phone and email communication through quality assurance monitoring.
- Meeting designated crew assignment deadlines.
- Maximum of 48 hour response time to manager, captain and crew inquiries either via phone or email communication.
- High-level customer service satisfaction with prospective leads and registered participants related to phone and email communication.
- Strong Crew Captain support demonstrated through highly-educated and prepared captains and crew teams on-event.
- Enthusiastic and timely completion of all work duties.
Event 360 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V.
|Duties:||(including, but not limited too):
- Recruit and develop crew/volunteers, captains and coaches to support each of the functional event teams, across the national Susan G. Komen 3-Day™ series.
- Assign crew and volunteers from the “Unavailable” and “I’ll Help Anywhere” groups to designated teams based on skill, interest and physical abilities.
- Make outbound calls to any crew who has requested a call from a staff member about their assignment.
- Closely monitor all team populations for each designated market to ensure adequate numbers for on-event success.
- Crew Captain assignments
- Make all necessary outbound calls to interview and assign Captain positions across each designated market.
- Handle all documentation to support assignments.
- Crew Captain support
- Handle all Captain phone and email inquiries leading up to the week of the event.
- Hold individual training sessions with each Captain to ensure education of position, make a connection and establish expectations.
- Host required group Captain training sessions.
- Reply to emails from prospective and registered crew, volunteers, Youth Corps members and supporters as part of your assigned email shift or through follow-up.
- Make every effort to meet the needs of each call or email within the first point of contact.
- Handle follow-up work related to inbound and outbound contacts, which can include:
- Processing problem forms for Donations-related issues.
- Providing crew participants with fundraising ideas and guidance to help meet their optional fundraising goal.
- Respond to and follow-up with callers who leave voicemails.
- Utilize database and reports to identify and communicate with new crew, volunteers and Youth Corps members regarding event information and training schedules for all duties.
- Encourage and promote advantages to health service crew members of forming a medical partnership with the 3-Day.
- Offer ongoing support and communication to registered participants in need of pre-event guidance and motivation.
- Provide internal support to co-workers.
- Maintain your email inbox so you are on top of communication and updates in the virtual work environment.
- Keep up-to-date on 3-Day and Event 360 news on the company website and intranet by reading alerts and updates and contributing as necessary.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Volunteer Production Manager.
|Qualifications:||Apart from enthusiastically and passionately connecting with people over the phone and through email communication, and possessing a strong desire to make the world a better place by helping create a successful Susan G. Komen 3-Day series, candidates should possess the following qualities:
Minimum IT Requirements Candidate Must Provide:
- You have an aptitude for volunteer coordination; a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in recruiting, organizing, coordinating, motivating, and supporting groups of volunteers and event participants.
- You are comfortable having difficult conversations with extremely passionate participants to ensure the needs of the event are being met first.
- You are able to help build and foster leadership skills among the 3-Day volunteer leadership group.
- You can think outside the box and are quick on your feet.
- You have an answer for a participant who has “tried it all” with fundraising.
- You can connect emotionally with callers who may be sharing personal, heartfelt stories about their own connection to breast cancer, while being efficient with time.
- You are comfortable juggling multiple tasks at one time, going back and forth between different computer programs, all while keeping a conversation (over the phone or on email) moving forward.
- You are comfortable sharing personal stories related to the cause in order to gain trust, instill confidence and gain buy-in from prospective and registered participants.
- You can motivate someone to enthusiastically register for the Komen 3-Day for the Cure.
- You can troubleshoot IT issues over the phone or through email with participants needing assistance with a variety of technical challenges.
- You don’t shy away from difficult conversations with prospective or registered participants who are angry, upset or frustrated. In fact, some may say you even thrive trying to fix their problem or readjust their attitude about the subject at hand leaving them happier than when they first got in touch with you.
- You have the ability to foster relationships with your co-workers in a virtual work environment.
- You are organized and can maintain your own schedule and workload volume.
- You are comfortable working from your home office and can get your job done, and do it well, outside the confines of a bustling office, without someone standing over you, to keep you motivated.
- You are not afraid to speak up and share well laid out suggestions for improvement and efficiency to make the 3-Day series the best it can be.
- You are adaptable and flexible to change.
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced environment with moving targets.
- You are a people person.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- You are comfortable leading conference calls.
- Hi-speed internet access
- Telephone with unlimited long distance plan, call waiting, caller ID and voicemail
- Printer (if required for role)
- Computer hardware (PCs only. No Macs)
- Laptop minimum = screen size of 14 inches, 250 mb RAM, 1 MHz processor speed, 5 GB free hard drive space
- Desktop minimum = Monitor size of 15 inches, 250 mb RAM, 2.4 MHz processor speed, 5 GB free hard drive space.
- Computer Software
- Windows 2000 or above
- Outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010
- Internet Explorer 6 or above
- Office 2003 or above
- Antivirus software, which must be active and maintained during the entire duration of employment. You may be asked to submit proof of antivirus software protection.
- Yahoo Messenger
- Any role-based required software
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. When on event may be asked to lift up to 30 pounds.
- The employee spends roughly 99% of their time sitting at their computer and/or on the phone.
- May experience extended periods of time standing at the copier/printer/fax machine.
- May experience extended periods of time sitting down or standing through meetings and presentations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work conditions are normal for an office environment, but will depend on employee’s home-office setting. Position requires employee to have a comfortable and clean work area, which requires a high speed internet connection and unlimited long-distance phone line.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but will depend on employee’s home-office setting.
- The expectation is to provide a home-office setting free of background noise or other disturbances, such as noise from pets, household electronics or voices, etc.
- Hours/Work week: The employee works no less than 10 hours and typically no more than 34 hours during a work week. Additional hours may be required based on client and business needs, but never to exceed more than 40 hours per week without prior approval.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. In particular, you will be asked to lead occasional evening conference calls.
- When on event, employee may be exposed to adverse weather conditions and long on-event hours, sometimes up to 80 hours per week.
- Work may require 3% travel.
Complete the online application by clicking the "Apply Now" link in the bottom right corner.
In addition, to be considered for this position, all applicants must complete the assessment tests associated with the Volunteer Operations Coordinator position. Click on the link below to be redirected to the assessment testing site (testing should take approximately 50 minutes):
Assessment Tests associated with the Volunteer Operations Coordinator position
Note: Only applicants who complete the online application through our website and the job assessment tests will be considered as an applicant for this open position.
No Recruiter Calls Please.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.