Volunteer Administrative Coordinator
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Crew & Volunteer Operations|
|Description:||The ideal candidate is an energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. Solid business acumen, a strong results orientation and strong presentation skills are a must, as is an ability to work enthusiastically in a constantly changing environment. The successful candidate possesses the capacity to think strategically coupled with the abilities to excel operationally. The willingness to raise questions, the ability to provide solutions, an understanding of real teamwork, the thoughtfulness to reconsider positions, the confidence to advance new ones, the maturity to do all of the preceding with poise, and a real and sincere sense of humor are required. This is a values-centered company and we expect our entire team to support and project our values in every.|
The Volunteer Administrative Coordinator manages all aspects of the crew and volunteer program, conducts in-market crew meetings and crew captain meetings, and facilitates fulfillment and local market administrative needs. With a focus on the multi-tiered volunteer program for the 3-Day, you will recruit and support members of the Philadelphia Susan G. Komen 3-Day crew, volunteer and Youth Corps programs leading up to the events. The ideal candidate has an ability to connect and motivate participants in-person as well as over the phone or by email and can sell the magic of the 3-Day.
You will report directly to the Volunteer Operations Production Manager. The Volunteer Administrative
Coordinator works in close partnership with the Field Marketing Coordinator and Participant Support Coordinator positions to oversee all of the participant needs for the Philadelphia 3-Day. You will be asked to work as a team to support one another’s responsibilities and the overarching goals for a successful and safe event. This means that all local positions may include some time helping to answer phones or respond to email, supporting volunteers, hosting outreach events, or coordinating local market events. You will also be asked to input on city-specific strategy, acting as a market-specific expert and making real-time decisions about which activities and efforts will contribute the best yield for the program.
This is a full-time year-round position. This is a home-office based position, strategically located to meet the needs of the company. This position is exempt and supports the Philadelphia Susan G. Komen 3-Day.
Success in this position will be measured using the following criteria:
- Thoughtful, proactive and timely maintenance of key projects related to the 3-Day series volunteer program. Supporting management in developing, assessing, executing and monitoring of these projects.
- Meeting or exceeding city-specific crew fundraising goals and designated crew assignment deadlines.
- Maintaining service level goals for all crew, volunteer and captain inquiries via phone and email communication.
- Development and execution of training for all Crew Captains and crew members.
- Strong Crew Captain support demonstrated through highly-educated and prepared captains and crew teams on-event.
- Enthusiastic and timely completion of all work duties, including fulfillment of mailing materials to participants and other items as necessary throughout the event season.
Event 360 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V.
|Duties:||(including, but not limited too):
- Recruit and develop crew/volunteers, captains and coaches to support each of the functional event teams for the Philadelphia Susan G. Komen 3-Day.
- Support management in developing, assessing, executing and monitoring of all 3-Day projects.
- Play a role in new staff training and mentoring to help ensure an effective and efficient education timeline.
- Assign crew and volunteer groups to designated teams based on skill, interest and physical abilities.
- Make outbound calls to any crew who has requested a call from a staff member about their assignment.
- Closely monitor all team populations for each designated market to ensure adequate numbers for on-event success.
- Crew Captain assignments
- Make all necessary outbound calls to interview and assign Captain positions across each designated market.
- Handle all documentation to support assignments.
- Crew Captain support
- Handle all Captain phone and email inquiries leading up to the week of the event.
- Hold individual training sessions with each Captain to ensure education of position, make a connection and establish expectations.
- Host required group Captain training sessions.
- Handle phone calls, voicemails and emails from prospective and registered crew, volunteers, Youth Corps members and supporters in a timely manner to maintain service level goals.
- Make every effort to meet the needs of each call or email within the first point of contact. If calls or emails cannot be resolved within the first point of contact, a response will be provided within 48 hours of inquiry.
- Utilize database and reports to identify and communicate with new crew, volunteers and Youth Corps members regarding event information and training schedules for all duties.
- Encourage and promote advantages to health service crew members of forming a medical partnership with the 3-Day.
- Offer ongoing support and communication to registered participants in need of pre-event guidance and motivation.
- Handle fulfillment of mailed materials to 3-Day participants, when needed.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Volunteer Production Manager.
|Qualifications:||Apart from enthusiastically and passionately connecting with people over the phone and through email communication, and possessing a strong desire to make the world a better place by helping create a successful Susan G. Komen 3-Day series, candidates should possess the following qualities:
Minimum IT Requirements Candidate Must Provide:
- You have an aptitude for volunteer coordination; a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in recruiting, organizing, coordinating, motivating, and supporting groups of volunteers and event participants.
- You are comfortable having difficult conversations with extremely passionate participants to ensure the needs of the event are being met first.
- You have the ability and knowledge to work independently on projects and to work with local team members and management to ensure the success and timeliness of such projects.
- You are able to help build and foster leadership skills among the 3-Day volunteer leadership group.
- You can think outside the box and are quick on your feet.
- You can multi-task.
- You can motivate someone to enthusiastically register for the Komen 3-Day for the Cure.
- You can troubleshoot IT issues over the phone or through email with participants needing assistance with a variety of technical challenges.
- You are organized and can maintain your own schedule and workload volume in a virtual work environment.
- You are not afraid to speak up and share well laid out suggestions for improvement and efficiency to make the 3-Day series the best it can be.
- You are adaptable and flexible to change.assistance with a variety of technical challenges.
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced environment with moving targets.
- You are a people person.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- You are comfortable leading conference calls and presenting in front of small groups.
- Hi-speed internet access
- Telephone with unlimited long distance plan, call waiting, caller ID and voicemail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. When on event may be asked to lift up to 40 pounds.
- The employee spends roughly 93% of their time sitting at their computer and/or on the phone.
- May experience extended periods of time standing at the copier/printer/fax machine.
- May experience extended periods of time sitting down or standing through meetings and presentations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work conditions are normal for an office environment, but will depend on employee’s home-office setting. Position requires employee to have a comfortable and clean work area, which requires a high speed internet connection and unlimited long-distance phone line.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but will depend on employee’s home-office setting.
without prior approval.
- The expectation is to provide a home-office setting free of background noise or other disturbances, such as noise from pets, household electronics or voices, etc.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. In particular, you will be asked to lead occasional evening conference calls.
- When on event, employee may be exposed to adverse weather conditions.
- Work may require 7% travel.
Complete the online application by clicking the \"Apply Now\" link in the bottom right corner.
In addition, to be considered for this position, all applicants must complete the assessment tests associated with the Volunteer Administrative
Coordinator position. Click on the link below to be redirected to the assessment testing site (testing should take approximately 50 minutes):
Assessment Tests associated with the Volunteer Administrative Coordinator position
Note: Only applicants who complete the online application through our website and the job assessment tests will be considered as an applicant for this open position.
No Recruiter Calls Please.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.