|Benefits:||Full Benefits and PTO Package|
|Employment Type:||Year-Round - Full Time|
|Description:||The ideal candidate is an energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. Solid business acumen, a strong results orientation and strong communication skills are a must, as is an ability to work enthusiastically in a constantly changing environment. The successful candidate possesses the capacity to think strategically coupled with the abilities to excel operationally. The willingness to raise questions, the ability to provide solutions, an understanding of real teamwork, the thoughtfulness to reconsider positions, the confidence to advance new ones, the maturity to do all of the preceding with poise, and a real and sincere sense of humor are required. This is a values-centered company and we expect our entire team to support and project our values in every interaction.|
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for the purchasing and tracking of supplies, materials and services for Events 360ís products and services. In addition, this position is responsible for vendor relationship management. This is a full-time regular position and is classified as exempt. This position will be based either in Event 360ís corporate office on Michigan Avenue in Chicago or in Event 360ís office and warehouse in Valencia, CA.
Event 360 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V.
|Duties:||(included, but not limited to):
- Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors and suppliers;
- Establish working relationships with internal team members across the United States;
- Responsible for all aspects of product purchasing including, but not limited to:
- Building and developing relationships with key suppliers and internal/external customers;
- Locating and qualifying vendors for various products based upon availability and sales terms;
- Negotiating pricing with vendors to effectively lower overall project costs while maintaining product quality;
- Works with vendors to ensure timely delivery of products;
- Track, expedite and follow up on issues with product delivery, quality or cost in a timely and effective manner;
- Support organization and clients through accurate and thorough communication on issues and questions;
- Keep accurate records in appropriate format;
- Establish purchasing processes and procedures to be utilized across the organization;
- Additional responsibilities and projects as needed.
- 3-5 years of purchasing experience;
- Bachelorís degree;
- Previous experience with event purchasing for both goods and services preferred;
- Thorough working knowledge of purchasing policies, processes and procedures;
- Thorough knowledge of inventory control policies, processes and procedures;
- Knowledge and ability to negotiate best vendor terms, quality, pricing and delivery;
- Ability to build and establish credibility quickly with vendors and internal team;
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and build processes and procedures;
- Solid oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively with teams across the organization;
- Attention to detail
- Timely and thorough follow-through;
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Ability to problem-solve;
- Computer skills including proficiency with web based tools, and Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook;
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and effectively;
- Ability to work in a virtual environment;
- Willingness to travel outside of geographic area, as needed, for training, meetings and on-event staffing roles if needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds;
- The employee spends the majority of their time in an office sitting at their computer and/or on the phone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work conditions are normal for an office/warehouse environment, and work usually takes place in a clean, pleasant and comfortable office setting;
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and typical of an office;
- The employee typically will work a standard 40-hour week, but may frequently work longer hours, based on client and business needs;
- Work requires occasional weekend and/or evening work;
- When on event, employee may be exposed to adverse weather conditions;
- Work may require up to 5% travel.
Complete the online application by clicking the "Apply Now" link in the bottom right corner.
In addition, to be considered for this position, all applicants must complete the assessment tests associated with the Purchasing Agent position. Click on the link below to be redirected to the assessment testing site (testing should take approximately 30 minutes):
Assessment Tests associated with the Purchasing Manager position.
Note: Only applicants who complete both the online application through our website and the assessment tests will be considered as an applicant for this open position.
No Recruiter Calls Please.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.