Volunteer Operations Intern
|Employment Type:||Intern - Part Time|
|Department:||Crew & Volunteer Operations|
|Description:||The ideal candidate is an energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. Solid business acumen, a strong results orientation and strong presentation skills are a must, as is an ability to work enthusiastically in a constantly changing environment. The successful candidate possesses the capacity to think strategically coupled with the abilities to excel operationally. The willingness to raise questions, the ability to provide solutions, an understanding of real teamwork, the thoughtfulness to reconsider positions, the confidence to advance new ones, the maturity to do all of the preceding with poise, and a real and sincere sense of humor are required. This is a values-centered company and we expect our entire team to support and project our values in every interaction.|
This is an exciting opportunity to learn, make new connections and make an impact within the Event 360 team. Our Volunteer Operations Intern (“Intern”) will have the opportunity to work with team members across the organization and will support infrastructure and logistics for Event 360 self- produced events. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to work with social media channels and volunteer recruitment websites.
The internship will be a part-time temporary position, for a period of eight months starting immediately. Hours will fluctuate depending upon the needs of the business, and the Volunteer Operations intern should expect to work from 15-20 hours per week during the school year and 20-30 hours per week during the summer. This position is classified as non-exempt and will be based out of the Event 360 office. The Volunteer Operations Intern will report to the Manager of Volunteer Operations and will also work closely with other members of the management team.
Event 360 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V.
|Duties:||(included, but not limited to):
- Collaborating, designing and supporting volunteer recruitment, engagement and fundraising for MuckFest MS and Strollers in the Front 5K events through traditional and non-traditional marketing and social media channels;
- Collaborating, designing and supporting volunteer training and activation for MuckFest MS and Strollers in the Front 5K events;
- Working and supporting pre-event and on-event infrastructure and logistics for MuckFest MS and Strollers in the Front 5K events;
- Assisting in communicating with and placing volunteers in their roles;
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in progress and must be at least a Junior in college.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook;
- Knowledge and experience in working with volunteers and/or being a volunteer;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and learn new skills quickly;
- Ability to work independently and think creatively;
- Demonstrates solid decision making skills;
- Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- The employee spends most of their time sitting at their computer and/or on the phone;
- May experience extended periods of time standing at the copier/printer/fax machine;
- May experience extended periods of time sitting down or standing through meetings and presentations;
- May experience extended periods of standing while at events.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work conditions are normal for an office environment;
- Work requires occasional weekend and/or evening hours;
- Hours will fluctuate depending upon the needs of the business. Interns will be asked to work up to 34 hours per week;
- Work may require occasional travel out of the office for events, promotions, or meetings;
- When on event, employee may be exposed to adverse weather conditions.
Complete the online application by clicking the "Apply Now" link in the bottom right corner.
No Recruiter Calls Please.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.