Volunteer Operations Coordinator
|Location:||Multiple Cities, Multiple States|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Department:||Crew & Volunteer Operations|
|Description:||The ideal candidate is an energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. Solid business acumen, a strong results orientation and strong presentation skills are a must, as is an ability to work enthusiastically in a constantly changing environment. The successful candidate possesses the capacity to think strategically coupled with the abilities to excel operationally. The willingness to raise questions, the ability to provide solutions, an understanding of real teamwork, the thoughtfulness to reconsider positions, the confidence to advance new ones, the maturity to do all of the preceding with poise, and a real and sincere sense of humor are required. This is a values-centered company and we expect our entire team to support and project our values in every interaction.|
The Volunteer Operations Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will be to provide strong volunteer coordination, project maintenance and customer service in order to achieve volunteer recruitment goals in each of the event markets. A solid volunteer program will be achieved through building relationships via inbound and outbound phone and email communication.
The ideal candidate must have a proven ability to meet recruitment metrics by creatively reaching potential registrants. Strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships within the volunteer community are a must. Excellent written and oral communication skills, flexibility and a positive attitude are also necessary.
The Volunteer Operations Coordinator will report to the Volunteer Operations Manager. This position is home-office based and the incumbent must reside within an Event 360 approved state and is classified as exempt.
Event 360 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V.
|Duties:||(included, but not limited to):
- Recruit and train/develop volunteers and volunteer captains to support MuckFest MS and Strollers in the Front 5K events;
- Collaborate with the Volunteer Operations Manager to develop materials to recruit and support all volunteers on the projects;
- Responsible for monitoring results and outcomes of recruitment tactics, suggesting changes and adjusting plans as appropriate;
- Handle ongoing volunteer assignments and communication via email and phone in a timely manner;
- Provide ongoing support to registered volunteers and captains
- Utilize the event databases and reports to suggest ideas for customizing communication with registered and potential volunteers;
- Keep the national series strategy in mind while suggesting local programs/recruitment tactics
- Maintain inbox to be on top of all communication and updates while working in a virtual environment;
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Minimum IT Requirements Candidate Must Provide:
- College degree required;
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience in sales, customer service, fundraising, volunteer management, or similar field;
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the geographic area, as needed;
- Proven expertise in program management, presentation, and communication skills;
- Commitment to work extended evenings and weekends;
- Experience to build relationships quickly and establish credibility with key team members both internally and externally;
- Demonstrate the ability to manage to results in stressful situations;
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team, think outside of the box and anticipate a wide range of participant, client and team concerns and issues;
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative;
- Knowledge of technology including Microsoft Office;
- Willingness to travel outside of geographic area, as needed, for training, meetings and on event staffing roles if needed.
- Hi-speed internet access
- Telephone with unlimited long distance plan, call waiting, caller ID and voicemail
- Printer (if required for role)
- Computer hardware (PCs only. No Macs)
- Laptop minimum = screen size of 14 inches, 250 mb RAM, 1 MHz processor speed, 5 GB free hard drive space -OR-
- Desktop minimum = Monitor size of 15 inches, 250 mb RAM, 2.4 MHz processor speed, 5 GB free hard drive space.
- Computer Software
- Windows 2000 or above
- Outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010
- Internet Explorer 6 or above
- Office 2003 or above
- Antivirus software, which must be active and maintained during the entire duration of employment. You may be asked to submit proof of antivirus software protection.
- Yahoo Messenger
- Any role-based required software
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move between 25-45 pounds; when on event some heavy lifting may be required;
- The employee spends 90% of their time in an office sitting at their computer and/or on the phone;
- The employee spends 10% of their time out of office doing pre-event work and/or on-event work. May require long periods of time standing/working on feet, tied to program execution;
- Set up and break down of tables and chairs;
- May experience extended periods of time standing at the copier/printer/fax machine;
- May be asked to operate and drive event vehicles.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work conditions are normal for an office environment, but will depend on employee’s home-office setting. Position requires employee to have a comfortable and clean work area, which requires a high speed internet connection and an unlimited long-distance phone line;
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but will depend on employee’s home-office setting and/or community setting;
- The expectation is to provide a home-office setting free of background noise or other disturbances, such as noise from pets, household electronics or voices, etc.
- Normal weekly workload is between 40-45 hours, but may commonly require long hours including evening and/or weekend hours;
- May spend time traveling throughout the geographical area interacting with the community and recruiting participants;
- When on event, employee may be exposed to adverse weather conditions and long on-event hours;
- Work may require up to 10-15% travel.
Complete the online application by clicking the "Apply Now" link in the bottom right corner.
In addition, to be considered for this position, all applicants must complete the assessment tests associated with the Volunteer Operations Coordinator position. Click on the link below to be redirected to the assessment testing site (testing should take approximately 50 minutes):
Assessment Tests associated with the Volunteer Operations Coordinator position
Note: Only applicants who complete the online application through our website and the job assessment tests will be considered as an applicant for this open position.
No Recruiter Calls Please.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.