Field Marketing Coordinator - Seasonal
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Description:||The ideal candidate is an energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. Solid business acumen, a strong results orientation and strong presentation skills are a must, as is an ability to work enthusiastically in a constantly changing environment. The successful candidate possesses the capacity to think strategically coupled with the abilities to excel operationally. The willingness to raise questions, the ability to provide solutions, an understanding of real teamwork, the thoughtfulness to reconsider positions, the confidence to advance new ones, the maturity to do all of the preceding with poise, and a real and sincere sense of humor are required. This is a values-centered company and we expect our entire team to support and project our values in every interaction.|
The Field Marketing Coordinator’s primary responsibility will be to establish a strong local presence for the national MuckFest MS event series in order to achieve participant recruitment goals in the assigned local market area. A strong local presence will be achieved through building relationships in three key areas: the local National MS Society chapter, the local community (e.g. social groups) and local business partners (both sponsors and cross-promotional partners).
The ideal candidate must have a proven ability to meet proactive sales metrics. Strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships within the participant community are a must. Excellent written and oral communication skills, flexibility and a positive attitude are also necessary.
The Field Marketing Coordinator will report to the Field Operations Manager and will work closely with the Marketing Manager. This position is home-office based and the incumbent must reside within the state of Ohio within 50 miles of the Cincinnati metro area and is classified as exempt.
Event 360 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V.
|Duties:||(including, but not limited to):
- Lead the execution of national marketing and branding strategies across a single market or several markets within an established region;
- Collaborate with the Field Marketing Manager in the development of local market tactics to drive brand awareness and participant recruitment for MuckFest MS;
- Responsible for the effective implementation of the established market tactics;
- Responsible for monitoring results and outcomes of market tactics, providing feedback and adjusting plans as appropriate;
- Ongoing assessment of the local competitive marketplace in order to stay ahead of the competition and further drive the value proposition and points of differentiation for MuckFest MS;
- Propose and implement local market tactics to directly address competitive environment (e.g. promotions, partnerships, etc) with the support of the Field Marketing Manager & Field Operations Manager.
- The Field Marketing Manager will support and provide guidance in the promotional strategies and overall direction of programming, but the local coordinator will be implementing and activating any programming.
- Acquire and activate local sponsorship relationships and local team recruitment initiatives, in coordination with the local National MS Society chapter;
- Bring the national MuckFest brand to life in the local market area by aligning local programs with the national strategy;
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Minimum IT Requirements Candidate Must Provide:
- College degree required;
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience in sales, customer service, fundraising, volunteer management, or similar field;
- Must reside within 50 miles of event city and be willing and able to travel throughout that geographic area;
- Proven expertise in public speaking, presentation, and communication skills;
- Commitment to work extended evenings and weekends;
- Experience to build relationships quickly and establish credibility with key team members both internally and externally;
- Demonstrate the ability to manage to results in stressful situations;
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team, think outside of the box and anticipate a wide range of participant, client and team concerns and issues;
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative;
- Knowledge of technology including Microsoft Office;
- Willingness to travel outside of geographic area, as needed, for training, meetings and on event staffing roles if needed.
- Hi-speed internet access
- Telephone with unlimited long distance plan, call waiting, caller ID and voicemail
- Printer (if required for role)
- Computer hardware (PCs only. No Macs)
- Laptop minimum = screen size of 14 inches, 250 mb RAM, 1 MHz processor speed, 5 GB free hard drive space
- Desktop minimum = Monitor size of 15 inches, 250 mb RAM, 2.4 MHz processor speed, 5 GB free hard drive space
- Computer Software
- Windows XP or above
- Outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010.. Outlook WebAccess is NOT an acceptable alternative. You must have the actual program installed on your computer and be able to provide documentation validating this program is installed on your computer
- Internet Explorer 7 or above
- Office 2003 or above
- Antivirus software which must be active and maintained during the entire duration of employment. You may be asked to submit proof of antivirus software protection.
- Yahoo Messenger
- Any role-based required software
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move between 25-45 pounds; when on event some heavy lifting may be required;
- The employee spends 70% of their time in an office sitting at their computer and/or on the phone;
- The employee spends 30% of their time out of office doing pre-event work and/or on-event work. May require long periods of time standing/working on feet, tied to program execution;
- Set up and break down of tables and chairs and rearranging rooms for Get Started Meetings;
- May experience extended periods of time standing at the copier/printer/fax machine;
- May be asked to operate and drive event vehicles.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work conditions are normal for an office environment, but will depend on employee’s home-office setting. Position requires employee to have a comfortable and clean work area, which requires a high speed internet connection and an unlimited long-distance phone line;
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but will depend on employee’s home-office setting and/or community setting;
- The expectation is to provide a home-office setting free of background noise or other disturbances, such as noise from pets, household electronics or voices, etc.
- Normal weekly workload is between 40-45 hours, but may commonly require long hours including evening and/or weekend hours;
- May spend time traveling throughout the geographical area interacting with the community and recruiting participants;
- When on event, employee may be exposed to adverse weather conditions and long on-event hours;
- Work may require up to 10-15% travel.
Complete the online application by clicking the "Apply Now" link in the bottom right corner.
In addition, to be considered for this position, all applicants must complete the assessment tests associated with the Field Marketing Coordinator position. Click on the link below to be redirected to the assessment testing site (testing should take approximately 40 minutes):
Assessment Tests associated with the Field Marketing Coordinator position.
Note: Only applicants who complete both the online application through our website and the assessment tests will be considered as an applicant for this open position.
No Recruiter Calls Please.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.