|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Description:||The ideal candidate is an energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. Solid business acumen, a strong results orientation and strong presentation skills are a must, as is an ability to work enthusiastically in a constantly changing environment. The successful candidate possesses the capacity to think strategically coupled with the abilities to excel operationally. The willingness to raise questions, the ability to provide solutions, an understanding of real teamwork, the thoughtfulness to reconsider positions, the confidence to advance new ones, the maturity to do all of the preceding with poise, and a real and sincere sense of humor are required. This is a values-centered company and we expect our entire team to support and project our values in every interaction. |
The Field Coordinator is responsible for participating in the local recruitment and customer service efforts for participants of the Susan G. Komen 3-Day . This role is focused on in-person interactions and leading informational meetings with focus on the recruitment of participants. This is a full-time, temporary position, supporting the local Twin Cities 3-Day. This position requires the Field Coordinator to be available during some regular business hours, weekday evenings and on weekends. This position may attend weekly team meetings, as well as additional departmental meetings, as available. The Field Coordinator position will be active through August 2013, with the potential to extend based upon business needs.
Success in this position will be measured by:
The ideal candidate must have a proven ability to meet proactive sales metrics. Strong public speaking skills and the ability to build relationships and leaders from within the participant community are a must. Excellent written and oral communication skills, proficient computer knowledge, flexibility and a positive attitude are also necessary.
- Meeting or exceeding individual in person conversion goals and budgeted metric goals for the project series;
- Achieving a high level of customer service satisfaction from interested leads and registered participants related to in person interaction;
- Meeting important project deadlines and submitting reports on time;
Field Coordinators on the project team report to the Participant Acquisition Field Operations Managers.
Event 360 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V
|Duties:||(including, but not limited to):|
- Lead informational meetings to reach aggressive sales goals and maximize participation rates and fundraising performance;
- Develop volunteer leaders within the walker community to support local activities and participation goals;
- Conduct community outreach to promote the 3-Day and related programs.
- Manage training walk leaders, local Outfitters and a part time intern.
- Handle crisis and emergency situations as they arise in a professional and calm manner;
- Other projects and duties as assigned;
- Minimum of two years' experience in sales, customer service, fundraising, volunteer management, or similar field;
- Proven expertise in public speaking, presentation and communication skills;
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel and Word applications. Comfortable navigating through database systems;
- An aptitude for leadership;
- Experience motivating and supporting people in a professional manner;
- Willingness to travel to different geographic areas, work evenings and weekends;
- Demonstrate the ability to manage to results in stressful situations;
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team, think outside of the box and anticipate a wide range of walker concerns and issues;
- Must have a reliable vehicle available throughout the entire season;
- Must reside within 60 miles of event city;
- Willingness to travel outside of geographic area, as needed, for training, meetings and on event staffing roles if needed;
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move between 25-45 pounds; when on event some heavy lifting may be required.
- The employee spends 20% of their time in a home office sitting at their computer and/or on the phone;
- The employee spends 80% of their time out of office doing pre-event work and/or on-event work. May require long periods of time standing/working on feet, tied to program execution;
- Set up and break down of tables and chairs and rearranging rooms for Get Started Meetings;
- May be asked to operate and drive event vehicles.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work conditions are normal for an office environment, but will depend on employee’s home-office setting. Position requires employee to have a comfortable and clean work area, which requires a high speed internet connection and unlimited long-distance phone line;
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but will depend on employee’s home-office setting and/or community setting;
- Normal weekly workload is 40-45 hours, and will include evening and/or weekend hours;
- May spend time traveling throughout the geographical area interacting with the community and walkers;
- If on event, employee may be exposed to adverse weather conditions and long on-event hours, sometimes up to 80 hours per week;
- If traveling on event, work environment will consist of hotel rooms and a shared tour bus, with a private sleeping bunk;
- Work may require up to 3% travel;
Complete the online application by clicking the "Apply Now" link in the bottom right corner.
In addition, to be considered for this position, all applicants must complete the assessment tests associated with the Field Coordinator position. Click on the link below to be redirected to the assessment testing site (testing should take approximately 40 minutes):
Assessment Tests associated with the Field Coordinator position
Note: Only applicants who complete both the online application through our website and the assessment tests will be considered as an applicant for this open position.
No Recruiter Calls Please.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.